A Meta pixel is a powerful business tool that measures the effectiveness of your Facebook advertising. Installing it on your website can truly gauge your ads’ performance because the pixel can track visitors’ interactions on your website after they click on your ad.
What Actions Can a Facebook Pixel Track?
When someone takes an action on your website after clicking on an ad, your Facebook pixel records it as an event. Facebook can track 9 of them:
- View content – Track key page views (product page)
- Search – Track searches on your website (product searches)
- Add to cart – Track when items are added to cart
- Add to wishlist – Track when items are added to wishlist
- Initiate checkout – Track when people enter your checkout flow
- Add payment info – Track when people add payment information during the checkout flow
- Make purchase – Track purchases or checkout flow completions (landing on purchase confirmation page)
- Lead – Track when someone becomes a lead (form submission, sign up for trial)
- Complete registration – Track when someone completes a registration form (complete subscription, sign up for a service)
How does the Meta pixel work?
The Meta pixel helps you optimize your ads and make sure they’re shown to the right audience. When someone clicks through to your website from an ad and takes an action, like completing a purchase, your Facebook pixel will trigger and report the action in Facebook Ads manager. This allows you to see if they completed the desired action of the ad like buying a product or filling out a landing page all on Facebook.
The Meta pixel gives you deep insight into your marketing strategy because it measures your ad’s conversion rate, not just its click-through rate. This adds another layer of analytics that paint a clear picture of your buyer’s journey from ad to purchase. You can also use website visitor and customer data collected from your Facebook pixel to refine your distribution strategy in several ways.
Your Facebook pixel helps you bid specifically for conversions on Facebook. After collecting enough Facebook lead and customer data, Facebook will only show your ads to users who are most likely to convert or buy something from your website.
You can set up remarketing campaigns to past customers who’ve converted through a Facebook ad or users who have visited your website or certain web pages by clicking through one of your Facebook ads.
Create lookalike audiences
Once your pixel tracks a minimum of 100 conversions, you can create a lookalike audience of your website visitors and past customers on Facebook and advertise to them.
How to setup the Facebook pixel
Step 1: In the left-hand side of your Facebook Ads manager navigate to All Tools. Click on event manager and select connect to a data source
Step 2: Select web, then click on connect
Step 3 :select Pixel. Then click on Connect.
Step 4: Click on continue
Step 5: Step 4: Enter a name for your Pixel. You can also enter your cashaam store URL to check if the website was set up using one of Meta’s integration partners. Then select Continue.
Step 6: Choose an installation method. You can connect a partner platform, manually install the Pixel code on your website or send instructions to a developer.
Meta Pixel FAQ
How much does the Meta pixel cost?
The Meta pixel is free.
Is the Facebook pixel discontinued?
No, Facebook pixel changed its name to Meta pixel because Facebook has changed its name to Meta. Other changes to the Meta pixel include: click-through window is now seven days, view window is now one day, you are now limited to tracking eight events at a time, and iOS Facebook users now have access to Hide My Email feature and Private Relay feature.
What are the benefits of the Meta pixel?
- Improved ROI on Facebook ad spend
- Takes advantage of Facebook conversion tracking
- Runs retargeting ads
- Builds lookalike audiences
How do I get a Meta pixel?
You can create a Meta pixel by following these six steps:
- Go to Events Manager in your Facebook Ads Manager account.
- Click Connect Data Sources and select Web.
- Choose Meta Pixel and click Connect.
- Name your pixel.
- Add your website URL to check for setup options.
- Click Continue.